Monday, March 19, 2012

If your horse won't eat.

If your horse won't eat, you should try putting hay in his or her stall or pasture. If it does not work you should go on the trail and stop where there is lots of grass and trees, get your horse in the middle of the grass, and let it graze. However, if that does not work, bring your horse a treat- like a sugar cube or carrot.

Here is a recipe for horses- a Birthday Cake!

*Ingredients:

4 cups of sweet feed or oats
1 cup of molasses or honey
2 Carrots cut into carrot sticks
1 Apple cut into slices

Preparation:

Mix the honey and sweet feed/oats together in a big bowl. Then, when fully mixed, place the mixture on a plate and shape into the form of a birthday cake! (you could even use a mold!). Use the carrots as candles and the apple slices as decorations. (be creative!). Horses really enjoy this sticky but delicious treat!

*Recipe from Sherlockfarms.com


~Ella.

3 comments:

  1. Love the picture with the birthday cake. Very cool. love auntde

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ella, You have such a beautiful blog!! And I love the horse info. I have horses in my stories but honestly don't know that much about them. When I was about your age, I was riding a little pony and he bucked me off. I never got back on to ride again but now wish I had:) Thank you for writing here and keep up the wonderful work!!

    p.s. you also have a very lovely name...

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI there...what an enticing treat....makes me want to be horse...this is FUN...to read your blog...
    PC

    ReplyDelete